One of my friend's mom passed away and I wanted to make her family a meal. I found this really easy, delicious potato soup recipe. I tweaked it a little and made enough for her family and mine. It was really easy and really good. If you want to make a smaller batch, just half all of the ingredients.
Really Easy Potato Soup-Big Batch
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups red potatoes-quartered
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese-cut into chunks
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.
- Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender. About 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add cream cheese.
- Use stick blender to puree the potatoes and smooth the cream cheese.